Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pondering

So this is going to be a relatively short post... and more of one to get clarity. I find myself in yet another sticky situation at work. I'm truly my own worst enemy sometimes. But it makes me wonder - what makes me so pivotal in how things happen? I consider myself just a simple person. Yet at work - if I'm having a good day - so is everyone around me. And likewise if I'm having a bad day. It irritates leadership when I'm in a bad day - and they tend to avoid me. So I even asked my manager - why? Why am I so influential in what happens on a daily basis? Why am I expected to always have good days? Others are allowed to have bad days and are left alone - but not me. If I'm having one - I'm the nemesis of the whole department.

Now granted I work in a small department - less than 50 people in total, with as few as 15 people in on any given day. So why do I impact people so easily? Honestly - I consider myself just another average soul. I have good points and probably more bad ones... so this is my cosmic question - why do I have the 'cosmic' energy to influence a whole group of people so easily?

Just wondering..........

No comments: