Saturday, August 18, 2012

Calling all aliases...

One thing I forgot to mention in my Reflections post - was the influx of aliases - that seemed to be no-shows for the event... 

We are still trying to figure out who cyfer is... they haven't planted in a while and supposedly went back to their own alien planet - yet they signed up for the event... hmm.  I wonder if all the spaceship shuttles were busy or if their trip planner stopped working.  Any who - I never managed to exchange with them.

Then there's Mr. Big Foot.  Seems he LOVES the salt marsh near our camping sites.  He was once again 'caught in his tracks'  by a few females that threw their logbooks up in the air and ran for their tents... upon returning to get their logbooks - a green footprint was added.  Now I will say - I never had a visual - but I must have left my logbook unattended long enough for him to reach for it - as the front of mine has that very same foot print.  He was kind enough to bring some stamps representing his extended family... and they were just hanging around - hope folks picked up on those clues : )

Let's see... Shhhhhh also signed up.  But I didn't see that she made a splash either.  Really too bad, as I was hoping to swap recipes with the old gal.  Doesn't she just look like your mother cooking in the kitchen when you were growing up?  But if I couldn't swap recipes - I would have loved to done an exchange!

And Mizer Brothers - they too seemed to have been a no-show.  Probably the weather drove them away since it was neither one hundred below or hot like to desert... my guess is Mother Nature was busy with them - breaking up those fights that created all that darn rain and thunder/lightning.  It would have been better if Heat Mizer showed up - Snow Mizer would have REALLY put a damper on a camping party!

But even with all those aliases slipping in and out - I WAS able to meet and exchange with some trying fabulous folks from all over the country!  I'm always humbled that so many folks travel from so far away to attend our little party in Brunswick.  And even though we had a fair amount of unpredictable weather - we had a great time!  Wonder who will show up at the next event?

1 comment:

Aiphid said...

I think I saw a Sssshhh! stamp in one of the logbooks.