Sunday, November 16, 2008

Team MudCup makes Plans

Well, we tried to. We thought in order to be good hostesses we ought to scope out a perspective location prior to sending our friends there. Kind of glad we did, kind of bummed about it too. Last year we had construction issues with our High Tea Mini Meet. This year the owner has decided to get married and is moving on. So Sweet Leaves Teahouse will be closing for good on Decemeber 31st. Now I'm all for folks getting married - but moving on? When we need to have an event there - now this just cramps my style!

So we sat and had our high tea, while the rain drizzled outside... and we were knocked for a loop. We had calendars and notebooks and all we could do was - well, nuthin. Team MudCup was at a loss. We did learn something... Tea likes lox more than she thought she did, we still haven't figured out why there was plain butter on the cucumber and watercress sandwiches and neither of us likes cocoa dusted on truffles. But honey is good in Raspberry Black Tea and Tea was able to bring ginger cookies to her grandmother.

But any planning for a midwinter high tea was firmly put on hold. So we opted to think briefly about a future series - knowing we would need to visit a few cemeteries in order to pull it off... before heading off to WalMart. I was in search of a Bumblebee for my grandson. Not really knowing what I was looking for, I strolled back and forth the toy aisles. Sadly - no bumblebees. So how on earth did I manage to spend $130? I did have 6 or 7 bags for my money - Tea spent the same and only had 2! LOL!

So here I sit, another weekend gone. I did pull together 5 hikers and I think I might replant a box from our summer pre-gather. I've tucked away the nine stamps for next Halloween - and am avoiding making 5 LTCs. Oh yeah - I did also pick up black paint and light tacks for our night boxing series next summer... so all wasn't lost. Now if the rain would go away...

Anyone wanna do my LTCs for me : )

1 comment:

Jiffy said...

We definitely know the feeling. I've been requesting traveling event stamps from across the country for out event in May. But, other than that, I can't get motivated to work on the series we will be planting there. Looking forward to your final decision on a place for tea. Are there any places in Bath?