Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I've got mail!

There is nothing more exciting than when you get mail you want to see. I've been expecting some mail - good mail, and was hopeful that it would be in my mailbox this afternoon. Yet, when we opened the door to the mailbox, it was sadly empty. So sad. I went next door to my parents in hopes that they had been kind and picked up my mail. No such luck.

Now there's a story to go with my mailbox. We live in a rural Maine town where most of the mail delivery people know the folks who live on their routes. Well, after a year of doing postals, my mail lady knows me as mudflinginfools. As a matter of fact, about six months ago I managed to get a postal delivered to me and all it said was "mudflinginfools... Bowdoinham, ME 04008. No street address at all! Recently, when a package came home to me because the person sending it forgot to apply postage - they said to me at the post office. "That's funny. How did we miss that one? We should have paid better attention." Since they were not the PO that missed it, they were very relieved. She said, "I would have called you at least." Sometimes being in a small town is a good thing.

They talk about me... how many postals will fit in my box? Hmmm... I have a normal sized box. And after numerous detours down our driveway to leave my mail inside my living room, on my back porch or in about a dozen other locations... my mother thought she'd be nice to our postal lady - she bought me the BIG mailbox. And where does it sit? On one end in my dining room, waiting to replace the smaller version.

So today - my mailbox was empty. In hopes it will arrive tomorrow, I'll just wait. Then my husband goes to one of his many cars in the driveway. "Look what I found on the front seat." YEAH!!! The box MIGHT have fit in the larger mailbox... but it DEFINATELY fit in my husband's car! So now what do you think I'm doing now? The PZCut dance! I'm so excited! It arrived prior to Frightnight! Stampeaz is my IDOL! Thanks Diana! You rock! And you gave me one MOST excellent postal day!

1 comment:

Teacup said...

Surely there will be pieces left over for many hitchhikers.